Seafarers UK is committed to fundraising in a legal, honest and transparent way. We aspire to do what is best for our beneficiaries and what is right for our supporters. We rely heavily on the generosity of our supporters to continue to support seafarers and their families when they need help; your trust is vital to us and we will not let you down.
We are respectful and will protect your data
- We will never put pressure on you to make a donation and will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with people, including the elderly, who may be vulnerable. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving we will respect your decision. You may wish to contact us regarding an elderly relative.
- We promise to keep you informed about our work in a way that suits you. You can contact us at any time should you wish to change the way we contact you or if you would like to opt out of any future communications. To amend your options simply phone 020 7932 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising materials to show we are committed to good practice.
We are honest, open and transparent about where your money goes and why we ask for support
- We are committed to providing you with information about how your support is funding grants, projects and initiatives which have a positive impact on our maritime community.
- Our Annual Report and Accounts and Impact Report give a more detailed view of our finances and are readily available on our website, or we are happy to provide copies on request. Our carefully produced case studies show the real impact of our work without causing undue distress.
We are accountable
- We are a relatively small charity with limited fundraising resources but strive for the highest possible standards. This is proven by our PQASSO Quality Assurance accreditation that requires a detailed assessment of our data protection policies and practices, all of which we keep under regular review.
- We welcome comments and suggestions which may help us improve our services. If you are unhappy or have any concerns then you can get in touch as above. You can request a copy of our complaint procedure which details how we handle any complaint we receive.
- Finally, Seafarers UK is committed to providing the highest standards of service to all our supporters. Our Supporter Promise to you is genuine and recognises that without you, we would be unable to help improve the lives of seafarers and their dependants who are in need.