Funding to improve the health and wellbeing of fishermen
Seafarers UK is funding SeaFit, a joint initiative from the Seafarers Hospital Society and the Fishermen’s Mission, working in partnership to deliver sustainable improvements in the health and wellbeing of fishermen and their families around the UK.
The two-year programme covers numerous aspects of mental and physical health and wellbeing and provides a range of services direct to communities completely free of charge. These include:
- Health checks at the harbour side
- Health trainers in the community
- Dental checks with some initial treatment
- Access to mental health and wellbeing support to complement Big White Wall.
- Development of a network of physiotherapists trained to meet the specific needs of fishermen.
For further information visit https://seahospital.org.uk/seafit-programme/