Since its launch in 2012, the Merchant Navy Fund has helped hundreds of Merchant Navy seafarers and their families in times of need.
Our impact in 2019:
- Eight grants awarded
- Eight organisations supported
- 771 people assisted thanks to our funding
- Age UK Wirral – £27,176
- Cobhair Bharraigh SCIO – £5,000
- Falklands Veterans Foundation – £1,315
- Manx Marine Society – £2,000
- Plymouth Merchant Navy Monument – £1,565
- Restore Support Network – £8,500
- Scottish Nautical Welfare Society – £25,000
- Veterans Outreach Support – £10,000
‘Without the support from the maritime charities, we wouldn’t be celebrating Simon’s 50th birthday today. He would have not had the second chance to rebuild his life.’
Ruth’s brother, Simon, was a Merchant Navy seafarer. When things went wrong, Merchant Navy Fund provided essential funding to help him get back on his feet. Watch the 4-minute interview with Ruth below to learn more about his story.
If you are an organisation supporting UK Merchant Navy seafarers or their families, see if you are eligible for a grant to help you continue your work.