We work with organisations to support UK Merchant Navy seafarers in need and their families.
Your organisation can apply to the Merchant Navy Fund’s Grants Programme if all of the following apply:
- The organisation is a Registered Charity
- Your project must benefit UK Merchant Navy Seafarers (i.e. those who hold a UK passport)
- The beneficiaries from the grant fall within one or more of the following groups:
– Older seafarers and their dependants (i.e. partners and children)
– Working-age seafarers
– Families and dependants (i.e. partners and children) of working-age seafarers.
- To be eligible for a grant, your organisation must have a bank or building society account in the name of your organisation that requires at least two people, who are unrelated, to sign cheques or make a withdrawal. If offered a grant, we will require a copy of a recent bank statement to verify bank account details.
Organisations applying to Seafarers UK will have satisfied themselves of seafarers’ UK Merchant Navy eligibility, for example this could be proven by logbooks demonstrating more than one day’s service.
See full grant guidelines and information on how to apply for a grant from the Merchant Navy Fund.
Help for individuals
If you’re an individual looking for help, please see our support for seafarers information page.