Every Christmas many seafarers are away from home and their loved ones, working to continue to defend our shores, catch our fish and transport over 90% of the world’s trade by sea. And many seafarers don’t return home for many more months.
This year we want to celebrate this festive period with all seafarers out at sea, as well as the families at home and we have two very exciting competitions!
#ChristmasAtSea Photo competition
This year, we want to celebrate this festive period with all seafarers out at sea. Send in your photos showing what your #ChristmasAtSea looks like. Are there any traditions from home that you continue to celebrate whilst on ship?
The winning photo will win a bundle of five books, courtesy of Pan Macmillan Publishers.
- The Caiplie Caves by Karen Solie
- A Thousand Ships by Natalie Haynes
- Your Truth or Mine? by Trisha Sakhlecha
- Poldark The Stranger From The Sea by Winston Graham
- To The Eastern Seas by Julian Stockwin
How to enter
Competition closes 19 January 2020. The winner will be notified by 31 January 2020. See full Terms and Conditions.
#ChristmasAtSea Drawing competition
We also want to celebrate this festive period with families at home and we have two prizes to give away – two lucky winners will receive a bundle of three books each.
Use your imagination and send in a drawing that shows how you imagine #ChristmasAtSea to look like for seafarers. If your mum or dad are on-board a ship, how do you think they will be celebrating Christmas?
The two winning drawings will win a bundle of three books each, courtesy of Pan Macmillan Publishers.
- The Snail and the Whale Festive Edition by Julia Donaldson
- The Singing Mermaid by Julia Donaldson
- Song of the Dolphin Boy by Elizabeth Laird
- Kat Wolfe Investigates by Lauren St John
- Deeplight by Frances Hardinge
- Plastic Sucks! By Dougie Poynter
How to enter
Competition closes 19 January 2020. The winners will be notified by 31 January 2020. See full Terms and Conditions.