This is an exciting time to join Seafarers UK as we work towards the delivery of our new strategy that will take us the next stage of our development. We are building our capabilities within the Development Team to scale our reach and fundraising as we maximise and create fundraising and income generation opportunities. We are looking for an exceptional, experienced fundraiser who can work collegially with the entire crew to build on our strong foundations. The role is new and come with the opportunity to hit the ground running and make your mark.
We have some ambitious plans in the short, medium and long terms that we really want you to contribute to. We are on the brink of some exciting developments and can’t wait for you to join.
If a new role within a fresh yet heritage-rich charity with ambitious plans sounds like your thing then we would love to hear from you. You will be joining a small and expanding Development Team working with a recently appointed Development Director. We are a passionate and enthusiastic organisation who understand the challenges of operating within a niche sector for an often-overlooked beneficiary group.
You will have an important part to play in helping us to achieve our ambition of seeing UK and Commonwealth seafarers as free from need as is possible. If you join us you will have the opportunity to make a real impact and be part of our success story.
We are looking for someone who can achieve exponential income growth for Seafarers UK by developing, leading and implementing our Corporate Partnerships strategy through securing new corporate partnerships, developing commercial partnerships and through the cultivation and growth of existing partners.
Strategy, planning and evaluation:
- Building on the scoping work, completed by the Corporate Working Group, devise and implement our Corporate Partnerships strategy which will: evidence growth of net income over the next three years from corporate partners and ensure financial targets are met year on year.
- Lead on defining and implementing a sector leading cultivation and stewardship programme for corporate partners and prospects to develop a robust pipeline for new business.
- Build relationships across corporates to develop corporate partnerships and secure new business to achieve partnership ambitions.
- Work closely with Events Exec and MarComms to maximise employee participation in Challenge Events and other fundraising events.
- Provide inspiring and supportive line management to the Events Executive.
- Lead on the development of operational delivery of financial and non-financial KPIS to ensure targets are achieved.
- Work closely with the Development team to ensure a consistent and joined up strategy and maximised income growth.
- Working with the in the Development team contribute to special events strategy to ensure we have suitable offers for our existing and prospective corporate partners and oversee the effective management and delivery of our corporate special events.
- Explore and identify new models of securing income from Corporates through new business development.
- Working with Head of MarComms develop inspiring corporate cross-channel communications.
- Monitor and evaluate approaches through key KPIs to improve future results in order to grow income in the long term and take corrective action if plans are not meeting targets.
- Work collaboratively to effectively project manage stakeholders and supporters.
- Promote cross-team working to deliver a co-ordinated approach to income generation working closely with the Head of MarComms to produce effective messaging and materials for use across the department.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all corporate communications are consistent with Seafarers UK/s brand and tone of voice, working closely with the MarComms team.
- In conjunction with Development Director produce annual income and expenditure budgets for corporate partnerships acquisition and engagement.
- Assist with rolling three-year budgets working closely across the organistaion
Ensure creative and robust account management across our portfolio of corporate partners to ensure meaningful and beneficial relationships, to ensure their continued and uplifted success by:
- Implementing creative forward thinking account management that deepens engagement across the organisation.
- Utilising superb written and presentational skills to keep partners up to date with the work of the charity and the impact of their vital support.
- Work across Seafarers UK to ensure maximised added value and engagement e.g. cross-selling, introductions, ambassadors.
- Organise and attend live and virtual events as required to cultivate prospective partners.
Delivering new income:
Proactively securing partnerships for Seafarers UK that generate a full range of corporate income streams and benefits (strategic partnerships, cause related marketing, sponsorship, employee fundraising) by:
- Prospecting in a creative and proactive way including: professional networking to cultivate leads (in person, online, LinkedIn). Utilising peer links and membership bodies, wherever possible, and ensuring collaborative working across the organisation on lead generation.
- Deploying excellent relationship skills to develop engaged relationships with corporate partners.
- Using superb writing and presentation skills to deliver creative pitches and proposals.
- Implementing business and commercial acumen and negotiating skills to negotiate contracts and CPAs.
- Working across Seafarers UK to develop new projects in line with our strategic priorities.
- Working with our Events Executive organise and attend events as required to cultivate prospective partners.
- Develop, monitor, and effectively maintain key systems and processes, including Raisers Edge NXT, financial accounting and planning, donor cycle, pipeline, relationship mapping, contracts, due diligence, and procurement.
- Ensure accurate pipelines and reporting are readily accessible from the database.
- Ensure all activities are GDPR Compliant.
- Maintain up to date accurate donor records/profiles and prospect research which are GDPR Compliant.
Budgeting and financial planning:
- Reporting to the Development Director undertake accurate and thorough financial planning, including quarterly reforecasting and annual budgeting evidenced by informed metrics and rationale.
- Monitor and track performance against budget, identifying and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Proactively network and influence external partners, stakeholders and decision makers at industry events, and Seafarers UK activities, by acting as an Ambassador ensuring high profile recognition.
- Develop a strong understanding of Seafarers UK work, the maritime welfare space, and wider maritime sector.
- Keep abreast of corporate fundraising trends and patterns in the fundraising sector, especially through peer networks and online conferences, seminars etc
- Attend and support Seafarers UK events (3rd-party public, and our own fundraising, events), as required – including occasionally over weekends.
Salary & Benefits
- Corporate Partnerships Manager £42,000 – £45,000
The rewards package also includes:
- Holiday entitlement 30 days + public holidays
Pension and Other Benefits:
- Auto-enrolment to group scheme (7.5% employer contribution, 5% employee)
- Health cash plan (HSF) or Healthcare Membership scheme (Benenden)
- Season ticket Loan
- A free dedicated employee assistance programme
- Flexible / home working options
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send a current CV and a covering letter (A4, 1 side) outlining why you feel you fulfil the requirements of the job to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Monday 1 March.
Initial interviews will be held in the latter part of week commencing 8 March 2021 and second interviews for successful candidates will be held early the following week.