It describes our charitable objects as:
- The relief of seafarers, their families or dependants, who are in need.
- The education and training of people of any age to prepare for work or service at sea.
- The promotion of the efficiency and effectiveness of the maritime charitable sector.
- The promotion of safety at sea.
Her Majesty The Queen is the Patron of Seafarers UK.
The General Council
The Trustees of Seafarers UK are members of the General Council which is the organisation’s ultimate governing body. The General Council sets policy and is responsible for the conduct of Seafarers UK’s affairs, and for ensuring that the charity operates in accordance with the Royal Charter, the Statutes and the law.
Members of the General Council:
President: His Royal Highness, The Earl of Wessex, KG, GCVO, CD, ADC(P)
Chairman: Vice Admiral P.J. Wilkinson, CB, CVO, BA
Deputy Chairman: Captain R Barker MN
- Mr D W T Bain FCA
- Mr P Butterworth
- Surgeon Commodore P J Buxton OBE QHP RN
- Mr M Carden
- Mr M Dickinson
- Mr P French
- Mrs C Gould
- Mr R Greenwood
- Mr G Kidd
- Mr W Lawes
- Alderman The Lord Mountevans
- Mr C Marr
- Mr J Monroe
- Mr W A Reid
- Ms N Shaw FCIPD FRSA
- Ms D M Sterling
- Mrs E Strouts
- Lieutenant Commander P Tomlin MBE