This is a great opportunity to be a core part of our close-working Fundraising team. The successful applicant will oversee and deliver Seafarers UK’s programme of annual fundraising events.
£27,000-£32,000 depending on experience
Key aims of the role:
- To identify and deliver a rolling programme of fundraising challenge events
- To recruit participants to all challenge events
- To meet fundraising targets for each event
- To engage with and pitch to potential corporate supporters as needed
- To provide event management services for special events
A key emphasis will be on identification, recommendation and delivery of a programme of fundraising and challenge events to the charity’s supporters and the wider public, but in particular to those working in the commercial maritime sector. Interested candidates will need demonstrable prior experience of organising and delivering successful fundraising and challenge events. A detailed understanding of the maritime sector or community is not essential, but a clear interest in and empathy for the work and lives of those we support, is.
A detailed job description can be downloaded here.
To apply, please send your CV with a 1-page (max) covering note explaining why you are interested in the position and how you meet the person spec., to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application, but only those short-listed for an interview will receive any further communication.